The medical care which you are entitled to is stipulated in the National Ordinance General Health Insurance. AZV is a medical insurance for curative care. It means that your insurance will cover medical treatments for the cure, monitoring and or managing of the illness you have.
When you get sick, you go directly to your general practitioner. A consultation will be held and your doctor will dicide what will be the best treatmentplan. The general practitioner can help you with the treatment of a lot of illnesses. Whenever the general practitioner decides that it is medically necessary, he wil refer you to a specialist. And off course, when a prescription is being given, your doctor will take into account what AZV covers.
The benefits from AZV are:
- Care by a general practitioner (family doctor).
- Specialist care.
- Care by a midwife.
- Care by a physiotherapist.
- Dental Care (limited coverage)
- Hospital care.
- Medicines (according to the Positive List).
- Auxiliary medical devices.
- Medical treatment abroad (with approval from AZV).
- Care by a physiotherapist
- Physiotherapist sessions are given according to AZV clustermodel. This clustermodel categorizes illnesses in certain amount of sessions that AZV covers. Generally starting with 3 sessions.